The University offers 35 libraries run by different faculties and departments. All material owned by the different academic libraries is listed in an electronic catalogue, called OPAC (On-line Public Access Catalogue)
. By consulting this source, it is possible to find information about book offer, and availability. A special section of the catalogue is provided for periodicals. Each library has its own opening hours and rules: libraries can be open from a minimum of 16 to a maximum of 50 hours per week, generally from Monday to Friday.
Contacts: Servizio Biblioteche
A number of canteens located at both campuses. The price of a complete meal (including two courses, a side dish, bread, a dessert or fruit and water) is € 7.50.
- Mensa Unigest, Via Ferrata - +39 0382 529682
- Mensa Cravino, Via Bassi - +39 0382 422130
- Mensa Collegio Fraccaro, Piazza Leonardo Da Vinci+39 0382 304048
- Mensa Collegio Castiglioni, Via San Martino 18/20+39 0382 33518
- Mensa Centrale, Via Carlo Alberto +39 0382 33526 (here it is possible to pay for single plates or for the whole menu).
The ordinary ticket costs €1.30 and allows unlimited travels (check city area limits) on all bus lines for the next 60 minutes. It can be bought at almost every tobacconists’ and news stands or at the bus terminal. All students (Except PhD) can travel the whole academic year (October – September), buying a card that costs €13.00.
The University of Pavia Sports Centre (C.U.S.) carries out sports activities both in the university circuit (participation in the University National Championships and in national and international activities) and in the circuit of the National Sports Federations. Facilities consist of three multi-purpose gyms, a weight room, a fencing room, a rugby field, a football/ archery field, a field for 5-man football, two beach volley courts and an exercise trail with gymnastic equipment and a canoeing-rowing facility on the left bank of the Ticino River. All university students - including international students - can join the C.U.S.
Centro Universitario Sportivo (C.U.S.)
Via Bassi, 9/A -27100 Pavia Tel. +39 0382 526209
* Rugby, athletics, climbing, basketball, volleyball, weight-lifting, fencing tennis, football, archery - Via Bassi, 11 – 13. (bus n° 3, both directions)
* Canoeing, boat racing - Via Folla di Sotto (bus n° 4, both directions)
* Swimming pool - Via Folperti (bus n° 1, both directions)
* Judo -Via San Martino, 18 – in the Collegio Castiglioni (city centre)