Admission requirements

Some of the NOHA universities have a specific list of national requirements which have to be met in order to conclude the admission procedure. Please read the information before applying in order to be prepared in advance.

Uniwersytet Warszawski (UW)

  1. The higher education diploma (MA, BA, engineer diploma or equivalent) with a full list of grades obtained during the course of study, entitling to continue university-level study in country in which the diploma was issued.
  2. Apostille certificate attached to the above mentioned document if a country in which a given document was issued is a party to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, concluded in The Hague, 5 October 1961. The list of countries – parties to the Convention and the institutions authorised to issue the Apostille is available here. With the exception of documents from Austria that don’t need apostille certificate attached (on the basis of bilateral agreement with Poland) 
  3. If the country in which the diploma was issued is not party to the Apostille convention the diploma must be legalised (authorised). Legalisation is the certification of a document’s formal conformity with the law binding in the place of its issue or of the authenticity of the seals and signatures placed on the document. Diploma (certificates) may be legalised by: 
    • the consul of the Republic of Poland in the country in which the diploma was issued 
    • the educational authorities (e.g. Ministry of Education) of the country in which the diploma was issued 
    • a diplomatic representation or consular office of the state in which the diploma was issued. 
  4. If possible Diploma Supplement (DS) is a document accompanying a higher education diploma, providing a standardised description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies completed by its holder. 
  5. An official document from the university or educational authorities of the country in which the diploma was issued explicitly stating the diploma entitles to undertake master (second cycle) studies in the country in which the certificate / diploma was issued
  6. A health certificate stating that there are no objections to undertake studies by a foreign candidate (only for non-EU/EFTA students).

More information.

Universidad de Deusto (UD)

  1. Degree certificates issued by foreign universities: Certificate issued by the university or competent body, accrediting that the degree certificate obtained is valid for access to Master’s programmes in the country where it was issued (photocopy).
  2. Documents issued abroad must be official and issued by the competent authorities, in accordance with the legal system in the country concerned. The degree certificate granting access to the programme must be submitted at the time of enrolment. It must be legalised or authenticated by the relevant diplomatic authorities, or, where necessary, certified by the Hague Convention Apostille. This is not required for documents issued by the authorities of the Member States of the European Union, or signatories of specific exemption agreements. They must be accompanied, if appropriate, by the corresponding certified translation into Spanish, English, French or Italian.
  3. Non-Spanish speaking foreign candidates must also provide proof of having a good knowledge of the Spanish language equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR, by submitting either a valid certificate or language test conducted at the Language Centre of the University of Deusto. This accreditation is not required for courses that are fully taught in English.

Uppsala universitet (UU)

If Uppsala is your first-choice university, please note the following points concerning admission.

  1. Diplomas and transcripts
    • If your degree was awarded in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, or the USA, you must – in addition to uploading your diploma and transcripts to the NOHA website – ask your BA university to send a certified copy of your transcripts directly to Uppsala University (address under 4. below).
    • If your university qualifications are from Afghanistan: you must have your identity and educational documents attested by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul. If you are applying from abroad, please contact an Afghani Embassy or Consulate to have your identity and educational documents attested.
  2. English tests: if you take a TOEFL test to prove your competence in English, please do as follows:
    • notify the Educational Testing Service that you wish to make your scores available to Uppsala University (Uppsala universitet) in Sweden – the institution code is 0247;
    • upload a scan of your test taker score to the NOHA website.

For other tests (IELTS, CA, CPE), please upload the results.

Normally you do not need to sit an English test if you can show that English was the language of instruction during your entire BA studies. However, if you received your university degree in Bangladesh, this will not be sufficient unless the degree-awarding university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.

  1. Candidates in their final year of bachelor's studies: if you are in your final year of bachelor's studies you must upload to the NOHA website an official document stating that you are currently enrolled as a student and participating in your last semester of studies. The document must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office or equivalent of the institution. Certification from other staff members, such as faculty or college staff members, will not be accepted.
  2. Uppsala University address for submission of documents
    The address for submitting the documents referred to under point 1 above is as follows:
    Admissions Officer
    Master Programme in International Humanitarian Action (HIH2E)
    Admissions Office
    Uppsala University
    Box 256
    SE 751 05 Uppsala


This site uses cookies to enhance user experience and to track usage statistics. For more information, see NOHA’s Data Privacy Policy.